When booking your rental with us, you have the option at checkout to add cover through our insurance. If you do not select our insurance you will be responsible for arranging and maintaining fully comprehensive insurance cover on our vehicle during the term of the hire. Proof of valid insurance will be required when you arrive to collect the vehicle.
Insurance is available through us, only if you meet the following criteria and select the insurance at checkout –
- You must hold a full clean driving licence issued in the UK/EU for at least one year if 25 years of age or over, or two years if between 21 to 24 years of age.
- You must be aged 21 or over but under 70 years of age for the full term of the rental
- Insurance Excess for drivers aged 21 to 24 is £675
- Insurance Excess for drivers aged 25 or over is £500
- You must not have any motoring convictions or endorsments in the last 5 years
- You must not have been involved in more than one motoring accident or claim during the preceding three years to the vehicle hire start date.
- You must not have been convicted of any:-
- Road Traffic Act offence or series of such offences here the penalty points accumulation is 6 or more,
- Criminal offence other than a Road Traffic Act offence, of which you have knowledge
- You do not have a prosecution pending for any criminal offence (except for the Road Traffic Act offences of parking, or speeding on one occasion if there are no convictions), of which you have knowledge
- You must not have any medical condition requiring Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) notification and authorisation has been granted by the DVLA
- You must not have been required by another insurer to pay an increased premium or bear special terms or conditions or had a proposal declined or policy cancelled or renewal refused by an insurer.
If you meet the criteria above, then you should qualify for our insurance cover, if you choose that option at checkout. If you do not meet the criteria above, you will be responsible for arranging and maintaining fully comprehensive insurance cover on our vehicle during the term of the hire. Proof of valid insurance will be required when you arrive to collect the vehicle.
A full copy of our insurance is available to view at our premises.